Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Al Gore's Dream home

It was recently reported that Al Gore's energy usage at his residence was 20 times that of the average home owners so being the nice guy I am I've been scouting out houses for him to help him maybe cut down on energy uses since he's such a energy conscience guy. Here's one I found for ya Al.

This passive-solar house is positioned to absorb winter sunlight, warming the interior walkways and walls of the residence. Geothermal Heat pumps circulate water through pipes buried 300 feet deep in the ground. A 40,000 US gallon underground cistern collects rainwater gathered from roof urns; wastewater from sinks, toilets, and showers cascades into underground purifying tanks and is also funneled into the cistern. The water from the cistern is then used to irrigate the landscaping around the four-bedroom home. “By marketplace standards, the house is startlingly small,” says David Heymann, the architect of the 4,000-square-foot home. Furthermore for thermal mass the walls are clad in "discards of a local stone called Leuders limestone, which is quarried in the area. “They cut the top and bottom of it off because nobody really wants it,” Heymann says. “So we bought all this throwaway stone. The house is even a nice "green" color for those "green" individuals.

Now Al, I don't know what the price will be (but I'm sure that's no worry since you just made a lot of money from your recent documentary) but I do know who the owner is that you can contact... his name is George W. Bush. Yep you read it right this is his house on his Prarie Chapel ranch in Crawford, Texas, maybe you guys can work out a deal???

1 comment:

Topher said...

I love it! I was so stinkin' mad watching the Oscars, or should I say, AlGoreapalooza. I knew Inconvenient Truth would win, but Happy Feet? COME ON. Cars was way better, but considering it was a film about a gas-guzzling red-neck sport, I could see why the Libs wouldn't want anything to do with it.