Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What the future holds...


Well it's official, we are moving to Boise, well actually Meridian, a suburb of Boise. We accepted a job with Precision Craft (a log and timber home builder-a rendering of one of their homes above) as a project manager. We will be headed that way soon after I graduate (June 16). From what I know I will be in charge of 40-50 clients that are in the process of building a home within the Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Washington region. The company manufactures the log home kits then sends them to anywhere the client desires to build. I will be finding builders, coordinating deliveries, managing schedules, providing customer service, coordinating payment and occasionally traveling to the job sites to provide technical assistance (basically a personal liaison between the client and the company). I went down to Meridian a couple weeks ago and really liked the company, where it is headed, and how they ran things, I also liked the atmosphere and people I would be working with (most of them are young graduates like myself) so I think it'll be a good time.
Jordyn is excited because of the Adventure Island Playground, a playground in Meridian specifically designed for those with special needs (wheelchair accessible swings and all). Evan will be excited to explore a new city and apartment. Emily and I are excited to have a salary paying job (it'll make it much easier to make a monthly budget) and explore a new area. We're also sad to leave friends and family (the Kovichs) behind. Spokane was good to us and we're hoping Boise will be too.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO Exciting!! We are so happy for you guys. Another exciting chapter to add to your life's adventure.

Topher said...

Wow! That's awesome for you guys. I didn't know that there were companies that build hobbit mansions (that was my first thought when I saw the picture). Really cool website; looks like a good company. I noticed the president even has a blog.

Anonymous said...

You deserve to have such a neat opportunity right out of school, Tom. You have worked hard, earned good grades and taken care of your other responsibilities as well. Boise area will be a wonderful place to raise your family.

Anonymous said...

Your awesome, being able to negotiate pay right out of school, Travis was impressed, he just figured out that you should do that on his last 2 interviews and it payed off!! Congrats on being the first to graduate in the family! Hope all goes well!!

Anonymous said...

Tom,

Congrats on the position. Looks like all the hard work is finally paying off.

We're moving out to Ontario. I've heard that President is plannig a reunion in 2008. You'd better be there!

Sean

Topher said...

One question:
1. Are you still going to blog?
2. Is it still going to be called "Meanwhile Back at the 2 Bedroom Apartment" even though you're now in a 3bd/2ba patio home?