Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ketchup taco's and sweet cottage cheese!??



Tonight as we were making our taco's there was only enough sour cream for one taco, so I let Emily have it. I rummaged through the fridge looking for some other condiment I could liven up my taco with... hmmm pickles... no, cottage cheese...possibly, mustard...no, I usually do put ketchup on my taco's and so do a lot of my family, but there was no ketchup. Well I came across the cream cheese spread and thought, "what the heck it's kinda like sour cream it couldn't be too bad", and well it was quite good if I do say so myself. I got to thinking while eating it the strange things that I put on food that doesn't seem "normal." One of those like I said is ketchup on my taco's that is a norm on my Mom's side of the family and I grew up thinking it was normal but then once I got out of the house everyone thought it was wierd. Other things that seem different are sour cream on my scrambled eggs and ham, milk poured over cake- as long as it's chocolate cake with chocolate frosting I heat it up in the microwave till it's piping hot and then pour cold milk over and eat it like cereal...mmmmm good! One other thing I enjoy is bannana's on my peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich that is a new one for me that I tried and really liked it. I come from a family that puts wierd things on other things my mom with the ketchup but that doesn't compare to my dad who puts sugar on his cottage cheese, salt on his catalope and eats saltine crackers crushed up with milk over them...all things I never adopted. So what strange things do you do to your food I'm curious and need some more ideas to try.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

This post is hilarious! Oh, the things we didn't know about Tom! When I was little and I coudln't find any snacks in our house, I would put whipping cream on wheat bread and put sprinkles on it. Yummy. I like salt and pepper on cottage cheese. Ketchup on eggs. Nothing too weird.

Topher said...

I'm big on salsa for my eggs, and tacos. Can't stand it when Jenny puts catsup on her eggs, but I'm not eating them so I forget about it. We grew up dipping our grilled cheese sandwiches in catsup, though, and mixing Catalina dressing in our cottage cheese. I still do the catsup/grilled cheese, but not the cottage cheese with dressing.

Topher said...

oh, one more thing. I prefer to dip my fries in BBQ sauce instead of catsup. I had a friend in HS that dipped her fries in chocolate milk shakes.

Emily said...

Whipping cream on wheat bread, with sprinkles! That is weird. In the winter I make hot cocoa and toast and then dip my toast in the cocoa. I also put lots of pepper on my cottage cheese.
When I was little I used to drink evaporated milk straight out of the can... for some reason I thought it was really good!

Anonymous said...

I like some mayo on my tacos, along with everything else. Cottage cheese is good on tacos if you don't have sour cream. So is ranch dressing.

I also know people who dip their french fries in milk shakes.

I like french fries dipped in ranch dressing.

Susan said...

I think my somewhat weird thing is I like pepper so much. I put it on a lot of things. I'm hoping they never come out and say it's bad for you.

I was chatting with a friend the other day and he said he loves to eat peanut butter and tomato sandwiches. Now that is weird!

Proud Momma said...

Oh my...the evaporated milk drinking is probably by far the craziest!
I have a new way for you to eat banana/pb&j sandwhiches that Sean and I discovered...grill your pb&banana sandwhich like you would a grilled cheese and then dip the freshly buttered/grilled bread in cinnamon sugar! Seriously awesome...I figure you're into weird things you would at least try it right?

Tom said...

I'll definately be trying the grilled pbb&j sounds good to me...I thought pop would put something about putting evap. milk on his cereal.

Pop said...

Just clarifying; about one fourth evaporated milk and 3/4 regular milk on cereal. Not straight evaporated milk! It's good.