Sunday, July 16, 2006

I am a champion!*



Over the past few weeks I have become a champ. What qualifies me you ask? How bout 1st place* in a 4th of July Chief Joseph Run, and a key player** in the stake softball championship team. That's right folks it's true what you hear, first of all on the 4th I ran a two mile race in Laurel, MT there were around 150 competitors overall in the event, I ran my heart out and to my surprise won 1st place in my age division...I don't even like running, yet I must have a talent I guess... Anyways I got my plaque and am now thinking about retirement while I'm on top, although there is a possibility I will come out of retirement to go for a record of 8 wins (Gotta top Lance Armstrong) at the Chief Joseph run so I can make the cover of the Laurel newspaper, possibly Sports Illustrated and a Wheaties box. That's not all though, this past Friday our stake softball tourney came to an end with our ward on top, and I was part of that team. It may be hard to believe for those of you that know me but I am a champion athlete.


(Optional reading follows)
* I was the only one in my age group, so I won 1st place out of one.
** Played catcher, dropped the ball on the one play at the plate, got out 3 out of 3 times batting.

No comments: