Friday, July 28, 2006

Men can do exercise videos too!...Can't they???

I've been looking to find an exercise video that is more manly than what my wife has. I have to admit I have tried her videos and they are hard and make you sweat, but they are definitely not masculine at all ; I feel like Richard Simmons when I do them, and trust me that's not a good feeling.









So I've set out on a search to find a video (since it's nice to workout inside sometimes especially when it's 100 degrees outside) that will give me a good hard workout and will let me keep my manliness intact. Well after a lot of searching and researching I think I've found one that will fit the bill... US Navy SEALs Workout featuring a real Navy SEAL "pumping you up".


















Now lets see if my wife can make fun of me while doing an exercise video (I would laugh too if I saw myself doing an hour's worth of choreographed butt thrusts, and sissy dance moves), I mean how could she or anyone make fun when I tell them I do the workout that the most elite fighting force in the world does, nobody would dare...HOOAH!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom, my man. Did you know that Jenny and Emily outted us on their cousins blog? Don't worry; I've tried the Firm but knew it was a waste of time. What guys like us need is an action-packed, testosterone-boosting video like the one you found. I got one at the library called "Esquire All Sports Workout" that's pretty good too, but the guys on it are dumb gym rats. Lucky for us, we've got the brains and soon-to-be brawn that'll have them wanting to do OUR video workouts.

Tom said...

Amen, brotha!

Emily said...

Just for the record... I have never done and will never do a Richard Simmons video! :)
I am glad you tried my videos.. they are harder than you thought aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Remember Tony (can't remeber the last name) the at Home all enclusive video that mom had the "hold... it" guy, I'll never forget how gay he sounded saying that, but I always thought that was a pretty Masculine workout, I bet they still sell it at Wal-Mart, infact I'll be sure to send you a copy!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

If you want a chuckle, try following the Pilates exercise ball routines on their video (with another person in the room). You get more exercise laughing than actually exercising.

Tom said...

Hey Wyo. Sis. that guy is the biggest dork of them all, he's almost as annoying as Richard Simmons. His name is Tony Little I think and he does not teach a masculine workout, and if you send me a copy I'll be sure to burn it immediately!

Topher said...

Is Tony Little the guy that markets "The Gazelle"? Has a mullet?

Tom said...

topher,
yes that is the guy, very scary!