Tuesday, October 03, 2006

WOW...A new post (don't get too excited if you haven't read it yet)


Well ok yeah I'm a slacker when it comes to blogging. I guess I have to post now, and the only thing going on in my life is school, so sorry you'll just have to deal with the not so exciting subject matter.

This quarters classes aren't the most exciting for me, but they consist of Physics, Statics, Metallic Processes, and another which I'm not sure what it is called but it's basically Computer tools for project management (using Excel, Microsoft Project etc. to plan out projects) this class has fairly interesting content but not an interesting teacher. My metallic processes class is most enjoyable since it consists of building things (we get to work with welding, forging, sheetmetal work, and machining metals). I've done most of these things already since I've taken some classes out of order, so this is a pretty easy class, but I have to teach all the others how to do everything... Which is fun for a while anyways. Yeah, so that is my life until December (then in Jan I will start my last quarter). I ride the bus out to school (35 miles) and back which is always a good time especially for a people watcher like myself, but it also gives me a little extra study time so that's nice (when I actually take advantage of it). I'm sure once I'm done with school I'll be at work missing it, but for now my feelings are the opposite and I'm ready to be done.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah! You posted! I've missed reading your funny blog.

Jenny said...

Yeah! You posted! I've missed reading your funny blog! Really. We are always talking about how we wish we were back in school. Those days were the greatest. Enjoy is while it lasts!

Topher said...

Yeah! Our wives think they're funny!
Anyway dude, I was wondering if you were crying in the picture because you're dressed like a panzie or if it's because you have to take statistics. Let me know because I was thinking about not doing either of those things.

Anonymous said...

I always liked the hands-on classes best too. Statistics sounds hard, but it is probably a piece of cake for you, Smartiepants!

Tom said...

I was hesitant about putting that picture up because I thought to myself "If I do topher will make fun of me" but being a risktaker I decided to put it up anyways.
The class I'm taking is not statistics but statics (don't make me call another clarification meeting! Ironically it is the same two "problem commenters" as last time).
From Wikipedia
Statics is the branch of physics concerned with the analysis of loads (force, moment, torque) on a physical systems in static equilibrium, that is, in a state where the relative positions of subsystems do not vary over time, or where components and structures are at rest under the action of external forces of equilibrium.
Or the study of forces and loads on stationary or static objects. I'm sure Aunt Susie uses statics everyday at her job.

Topher said...

What's the probability that you're a nerd? Oh wait, you wouldn't know because you're not taking statistics.

Susan said...

Yes, I can say that I took BOTH statics and statistics in college and I use STATICS every day of my life and STATISTICS never. (and I'm 100% sure of that) So I think anyone who takes statics is way COOL! Go Uncle Tom!

Tom said...

Not so fast topher I already took statistics, although it was at MSU-B like 5 years ago, but I know enough to calculate the chances that I'm rubber you're glue, and that makes you a nerd times two. (I even remember how to rhyme)!

Jenny said...

You boys are silly. Chris is only teasing you because he thinks you are cool.

Emily said...

Now I look forward to reading what Tom and Chris are going to say to eachother! hahaha You guys are so funny.