Sunday, January 07, 2007

Resolutions...Resol-smlutions

I hate to write about them since that is all that has been talked about in the media the past couple weeks but it is a new year, and that of course means new resolutions. I would report on how I did on my last years (2006) resolutions but I don't remember any of them, that is part of the reason I thought I'd share some of my resolutions for 2007 here. I always hear you need to write down your goals for them to be effective, so what better place than here because you "readers" will hopefully remind me and help me achieve them. I'm sure you all are thinking of the same thing as far as a goal I can work on for 2007 so we'll just get that one out of the way first...*

1. I will update my blog at least 3 times per month (I know, I know you are all thinking goals are supposed to be realistic, but I believe in myself and am determined)

2. I will floss my teeth at least 3 times per week (I know it's supposed to be daily, and to be honest I don't know if I know anyone who does that so-Him without sin cast the first stone- . This is yet another hard one... I brush the recommended amount per day and chew gum (sugar free) constantly, but I was never trained in this department, being from cowboy country a toothpick after dinner (which I still enjoy) is as close as it got. I remember going to the dentist a few years ago and him asking how often I floss my response "I never have." which really surprised him but he said I was lucky and had very nice teeth and gums but of course would recommend it in the future...well this year I'll get around to it.

3. Now an easier one - I will eat healthy and exercise more often (this is usually not the easy one but Emily and I have been doing this for the past 8 months so it should be easy to continue...hopefully) although I've slacked off on my exercise lately so I'll have to pick that back up.

4. Graduate (June 16 if you wanted to know) and get a job (at the informal request of my wife and parents this HAS to be included in the list)

5. WIN AMERICAN IDOL -Just kidding but this one could be just as hard... I will finish (not last) a sprint triathlon. That is a half mile swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run- and if I get lucky I'll be the only contestant and win the whole thing- it's happened before. Let me know if any of you want to join me in the suffering and I'll get you the training schedule.

*not a comprehensive list and not in any particular order

Wish me luck and I'll do the same for you for 2007!

4 comments:

Topher said...

Since I only see you a couple of times a year at best, and don't have to get close enough to look at your teeth when I do see you, what if you switched the frequency of flossing and blogging? I'd get more enjoyment out of reading three new posts per week, and since you don't floss to begin with, flossing three times per month would be a big improvement in and of itself.

Jenny said...

After you are a big time triathlete, are you still going to compete in the Chief Joseph Run? And I agree with Topher, you should up your blogging goal..we'll help you keep on track by nagging you!

Anonymous said...

Your flossing goal may be the most important one. When you reach about 55, you will begin to understand why I said that.

Anonymous said...

Number 4 should read, "graduate and get a job in or near near Billings."