Friday, January 11, 2008

Presidential Election Calculator

Some of you might find this boring, but I enjoy politics and government to an extent, and think it is a great right and duty of Americans to study the issues and vote accordingly.

I found a, what I thought, was a reasonably fair and accurate "calculator" to aid in learning the issues, and the candidate's stands on those issues. I liked it because it didn't take very long, and on issues I wasn't sure on which way to vote, you could click on the issue and it would tell you what it meant if you supported it vs. opposed it. It also opened my eyes to some candidates that were more closely matched with my stands on the issues than I knew (candidates I wouldn't have necessarily thought of voting for before, but now am studying more carefully). It didn't always (took it a few times) bring the candidate that I thought I was most closely matched with to the top. I'm not afraid to share the selectiong that the calculator matched with me, although this is not necessarily who I would vote for since there are a few issues I'm still studying and deciding on, and there are a lot more issues then the ones in the quiz. Mike Huckabee came up as the top candidate for me a couple times as well as Duncan Hunter, feel free to share your results (if you're not too scared...haha) it doesn't mean you will be voting for that person but I think it is interesting.

Go here to take the quiz: http://www.speakout.com/votematch/

P.S. I won't allow any "low blows" in the comments section about people's "selection" since I respect that everyone has different views, and that is what makes America great!

5 comments:

Emily said...

My Results: #1 Mitt Romney #2 Duncan Hunter #3 Mike Huckabee

Anonymous said...

My results surprised me. On the first very quick run-through my top candidate was Obama followed by Edwards. Then I thought I should go through more slowly and think more about each question. That time Edwards came out on top followed by Biden. Am I more liberal than I thought? Hmmm.

Susan said...

I laughed to myself when you said one of your results was Duncan Hunter because I had no idea who that was. Then I took the test and he was my #1! Huh? I figure I don't match up very well with any candidate because I only matched 40% with my top choices.

Road to St. George said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Road to St. George said...

I guess I am a part of the Ron Paul Revolution.