Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tribute to a special and kind man

Most of you know that recently Gordon B. Hinckley President and Prophet of the LDS Church recently passed away. Also if any of you know me very well you know I like Glenn Beck, enjoy his humor and respect most of his opinions. In my opinion Glenn Beck is good at expressing his feelings on things and I'm not very good with expressing my emotions or putting them into words, but I can honestly say these are almost the exact feelings I had when I heard the news of President Hinckley's death.

I too had the oppurtunity to meet President Hinckley at one point when his wife's sister offered to introduce us (my companion and I) to him I truly felt the same way as Glenn expresses in the video, and didn't take the oppurtunity but really wish I had. But even though I never met him in person President Hinckley was a true inspiration and even if you aren't LDS if you met him or saw him speak you knew he was a special and very kind man. I'm very glad to have had him be an influence in my life.

4 comments:

Topher said...

That's great. Pretty heartfelt, and funny, too. I think Pres. Hinkley would have enjoyed hearing it. What a great sense of humor he had/has.

Emily said...

Good video! I think Pres. Hinckley has the greatest smile.

Isn't everyone REALLY impressed that Tom has been blogging more frequently?!

Cindy said...

I saw on Emily's blog that Sunday was your birthday, so I thought I'd tell you first hand. Happy Birthday. Jeremy's 30th Birthday is tomorrow, so the girls and I have a big surprise planned for him. Kylee can't wait. Anyway, sounds like you guys had a fun evening.

Anonymous said...

If I have to look at Glenn Beck's picture one more time, I think I am going to scream. It's almost as bad as reading "ding, dong the drugs are here" again and again. I know two fellas that need to start writing again!"